SCI 163 WEEK 4 Food Borne Illness Paper Write a 500- to 750-word paper on one of the following food-borne illnesses:
- Clostridium perfringens
- Norovirus (formerly Norwalk virus)
- Hepatitis A
- Giardia or amoeba parasites
Address the following in your paper:
- Identify the infectious agent (pathogen)–for example, the name of the bacteria, virus, or parasite.
- Explain how the infectious agent is transmitted through food or water.
- Explain the immune system’s role in protecting the body from disease
- Provide an example of a real life outbreak in the United States.
- Describe the clinical symptoms, duration of the disease, and treatment if any.
- What steps can be taken to prevent further outbreaks? Include individual as well as environmental precautions and methods.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. SCI 163 WEEK 4 Food Borne Illness Paper